Healthwise Releases Breakthrough Tools in Medical Decision Making: "The foundation of Healthwise Decision Points is evidence-based medicine and consumer-centered testing and design. They are informed by the International Patient Decision Aids Standards (IPDAS), which emphasize health care decisions aligned with personal preferences. Through Decision Points' six-step structure, patients can:
1. Get the facts, explore options, and get answers to common questions.
2. Compare options and read stories by people who faced a similar
3. Gauge their feelings and record their concerns.
4. Assess which way they are leaning by using an interactive slider tool.
5. Check how much they've learned and how confident they are about their
6. Print a summary of their answers and notes that can be shared with
providers and loved ones."