Today, there are a number of IVF clinics in India, and patients have a range of options. The different aspects they think about are: Should I go to one that’s closest to my home? Should I go to the one that’s cheaper or will an expensive clinic be better? Is the one that advertises the most, going to be able to provide me with the best services?
Choosing the Best
One of the commonest questions patients ask us is at the first consultation is “Why should we come to you?” “What makes Malpani Infertility Clinic any better or any worse than other clinics?” This is a very valid question - after all, the chances of IVF success do depend on selecting the best IVF clinic! Now every IVF clinic thinks they are the best, and so do we.
However, I like to first start-off by listing the disadvantages of coming to us. This let’s patients know that there is a downside to our services - after all, everything in life is a mixed blessing:
• Perhaps one of the biggest disadvantages of coming to us is that we are at a single location; we are only present in our single clinic in Colaba in Mumbai. This means that if patients want to take treatment from us, they have to come to us - we won't be coming to their town to treat them
• Another issue is that we are expensive - perhaps not the most expensive clinic, but one of the pricier ones
If you look at these disadvantages from a different perspective, these cons are actually pros:
• The fact that we are in a single location means we are here all the time
• We don't have to travel to other places- which means that when the patient comes here, the patient is confident they will find us here
• This is the reason why our care is so personalized- There are only two doctors in our clinic, Dr Anjali and me; and just one Embryologist, Dr Sai
• All our care is very hands-on; because we have chosen not to employ any assistants we do everything one-on-one ourselves
• This way patients have the advantage of our combined years of experience. It allows us to use all this expertise to maximize your chances of getting pregnant
• We think is this far better for the patient, as compared to other IVF doctors who run around and have five different clinics, because they are trying to treat as many patients as possible
• Patients do have complaints about us - after all, I don't think it's possible to keep everyone happy all the time. This means that while it's true that there are some patients for whom we are not the right IVF clinic, for educated, well-informed patients who have perhaps failed an IVF cycle elsewhere, and who want to take treatment in a clinic that will provide personalized, hands-on care, we are a good choice
• Our patients know that they'll be able to talk to us every single time they come here - and that I respond to all my emails personally and quickly
• We have a high success rate, and take pride in the fact that we can deal efficiently with challenging patients who have failed IVF cycles elsewhere
• We take pride in treating our patients as intelligent adults, and respect your personal preferences and choices
Looking for a boutique IVF clinic that specializes in pampering patients? Please send me your medical details by filling in the form at www.drmalpani.com/free-second-opinion so that I can guide you better!