2) the happiness we feel when we see small children
3) the respect we develop towards all forms of life
4) the love we feel towards our understanding, supportive and selfless partner
5) the surprise - when we hear how our friends get pregnant by accident!
6) the wonder - when we see the growing belly of a pregnant woman!
7) the affection we develop towards couples who lead a happychild-free life
8) the wisdom we gain in life even though we are still too young to learn all those lessons
9) the gratefulness we feel towards people who do not make awkward suggestion, awkward comments and ask awkward questions!
10) the tear we shed when we read about an unknown, unwanted baby abandoned in a dustbin
11) the refinement we attain in our thoughts, words and deeds!
12) a blessing which keeps us appreciating the beauty of life and all life forms
In short, infertility is everything (every positive emotion) in an infertile woman’s life. Infertile women don’t have an evil eye but an empathetic view of everything. Infertile women don’t have a jealous heart but carry motherly warmth in their deeds. Infertile women are not possessed with spirits but they try hard to live life with a positive spirit.
If you are struggling to have a baby and when people hurt you with their words and deeds just remember one thing – a happy person doesn’t hurt anyone. Only people who lead a miserable life filled with guilt, suspicion, superstition, unhappiness, dissatisfaction, pride and fear desire to hurt others. If you meet them by chance; have pity on them, be diplomatic, smile and move on! That is what I do!
And friends, if you know someone who is striving hard to have their baby; please avoid this question for God’s sake – ‘Is there any good news?’ If you think having a baby is the only good news in your life – we are sorry for you!
This is an excerpt from our forthcoming, book, The Expert Patient's Guide to IVF. This being authored by our expert patient, Manju and me.
You can email Manju at email@example.com
Her blog is at www.myselfishgenes.blogspot.com