- First Law: The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature takes its course.
- Second Law: It is impossible to make an asymptomatic patient feel better.
- Third Law: The urgency of the test is inversely proportional to the IQ of the insurance company preauthorization clerk.
- Fourth Law: There is no cure for stupid.
- Fifth Law: Bad things really do happen to good people.
- Sixth Law: The better the surgeon, the more reluctant s/he is to operate.
- Seventh Law:
Part A: It has to be fun.
Part B: If it isn't fun, see Part A.
- Eighth Law: Half of what is taught in medical school is wrong, but no one knows which half.
- Ninth Law: Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
- Tenth Law: A bad idea held by many people for a long time is still a bad idea.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
The 10 Laws of Medicine
at 4:59 PM