The Doctor Is In, but He’s Almost Always Late - Poked & Prodded - Health.com: "Most of the time, I’m just happy if I see a doctor within an hour of my scheduled appointment. Over the years of visiting so many waiting rooms, I’ve learned a few tricks:
• Scout out the waiting room. The bigger the waiting room, the more inefficient or overbooked the doctor (for practices, divide the number of chairs by the number of doctors). Make sure there’s only one room.
• Book the earliest morning appointment possible. It usually takes doctors a few appointments to get behind schedule.
• Ask the scheduler to book you on the lightest day of the week.
• Avoid school holidays if your doctor or dentists sees kids.
• Bring your own magazine."