Before I start on my top 10 things people hate about doctors, I just want you know that I work in-house as a lawyer for a large company. Someone in the business sent the team this Dilbert cartoon. There are at least 3 things that the business hates about in house lawyers set out in the cartoon.
I look at it as 3 things lawyers can improve on ..
Top 10 things people hate about doctors in no particular order
· Having the sense that your doctor is not really listening to you;
· Having the sense that your doctor does not really understand how the situation impacts on you;
· Not giving you all the information you need;
· Not feeling he or she is giving you enough time;
· Telling you a procedure isn't painful when it is;
· Not being willing to try other treatments. Some doctors have a certain treatment plan and they are not willing to individualize it for you.
· Allowing patients to wait forever – our time is precious too.
· Reluctance to refer a patient to someone else when the patient is ambivalent about you or the treatment;
· Not giving you a sense of hope.
· Not enough empathy. All doctors could have more of it !
This is a list from Shanti Berggren ( Shanti.Berggren@optus.com.au).
What do you dislike about doctors ? And how can doctors improve ?