7 Key Traits of the Ideal Doctor: "Here are the seven traits listed by the patients, along with the patients' definitions of those traits:
* Confident: 'The doctor's confidence gives me confidence.'
* Empathetic: 'The doctor tries to understand what I am feeling and experiencing, physically and emotionally, and communicates that understanding to me.'
* Humane: 'The doctor is caring, compassionate, and kind.'
* Personal: 'The doctor is interested in me more than just as a patient, interacts with me, and remembers me as an individual.'
* Forthright: 'The doctor tells me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner.'
* Respectful: 'The doctor takes my input seriously and works with me.'
* Thorough: 'The doctor is conscientious and persistent.'"